As you may know, we recently asked WFCU members to complete a brief online survey of our products and services and I am proud to report that the results were incredibly positive! We received almost 200 responses and 71% of respondents are extremely likely or highly likely to refer Wellness Federal Credit Union to a family member/friend and 82% rate the service they receive as very good or excellent. This is the best form of compliment we can receive! Thank you!
The survey asked for feedback on how we can improve, and we have analyzed and discussed the responses and, where appropriate, are taking action. Most of the responses can be categorized as falling into one of the following categories:
- Physical Access (ATM/Branch locations/Hours of Operation)
- Staff Feedback
- Service Fees
- Money transfer options
Access/Hours of Operation
A handful of members would like to see more branch locations and/or wider ATM accessibility. This past year we discontinued our ATM partnership at some locations due to the declining volume of transactions. The decline in usage can be attributed to the recent shift to cash-less transactions which escalated during covid pandemic. We were not involved in the ATM vendors decision to completely remove ATM terminals at various locations.
We decided to permanently close the Newington branch due to the declining number of Hartford Healthcare employees assigned to the Newington campus. The Board of Directors will continue to evaluate the feasibility of opening new branches while keeping in mind industry trends that continue moving toward technology and digital solutions.
The subject of extended weekday hours or adding weekend hours was noted in the survey.
The trend in the financial services industry is to allow members to complete their transactions on their personal schedule at their convenience. That is why we have and will continue to invest time and money in upgrades to our core banking system, online banking platform, mobile app and other electronic services. These investments now allow our members 24/7/365 access to:
- Mobile check deposits (remote deposit capture)
- Internal transfers to other WFCU members
- Ability to turn debit card on/off
- Set low balance alerts
- Bill Pay
- Online loan application
- Secure messaging to WFCU employees
- Secure document exchange portal
- Check balances
- Change email/phone number
- View/download statements
- Reset password
- Access Visa credit card website
- Set up Visa credit card alerts
- And so much more
While the majority of the feedback we received regarding the staff was positive there is always room for improvement. We continually provide training on how to improve service and how important it is to provide efficient, accurate, and exceptional service to our members.
We offer members several channels of communication which are monitored throughout the day. If members feel they receive unsatisfactory service, please feel free to reach out to one of our branch supervisors or myself via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, our Supervisory committee has recently opened a PO Box that members can use to send their inquiries, questions, or concerns.
WFCU Supervisory Committee
PO Box 9545
Wethersfield, Connecticut 06129
We are aware of our fees and how these fees affect our members, and that is why we analyze our fee schedule on an annual or more frequent basis. We offer members opportunities to avoid fees, such as:
- Free e-statements on our online banking or mobile banking app
- View account balances on our mobile app or online banking to avoid overdraft or ATM inquiry fees
- Request cash back with your debit card at many retailers without a fee or trip to the ATM
- Process a transaction to your account one time a year to avoid a Dormant account fee
- Free e-Statements with the enrollment of online or mobile banking
- Free available balance inquiry on our mobile app or online banking to avoid overdraft or ATM inquiry fees
- Free cash back with your debit card at many retailers without a trip to the ATM
- Process a transaction to your account 1 time a year to avoid a Dormant fee
Money Transfer Options
We have researched money transfer options that would enable members to transfer money into WFCU or out to other financial institutions and due to constraints on our core system, security risks, and increased fraud we have not committed to these services. However, for the time being, we do offer two secure options for external transfers:
- Free bill payment service where members can setup recurring payments which are processed electronically or via paper check, depending on the vendor
- Recurring wire transfers
Lastly, I would like to say that I am proud of the products and services we offer along with the exceptional member service our employees provide. I hope I have addressed the issues that were brought up in our recent survey. If you have questions or need more information, please reach out to me at email@example.com. As always, we appreciate the opportunity to serve your financial needs and the trust you put in us.
We wish you a happy and safe holiday season.
Cheryl A. Calabrese
Chief Executive Officer
Wellness Federal Credit Union